CCG: Clinical Commissioning Group;
NOAC: non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulant;
NVAF: non-valvular atrial fibrillation;
NYHA: New York Heart Association;
SMC: Scottish Medicines Consortium.
- NICE Clinical Guideline (CG180). Atrial fibrillation: management. Published June 2014.
- NICE Technology Appraisal Guidance (TA249). Dabigatran etexilate for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in atrial fibrillation. Published March 2012.
- SMC Advice (672/11). Dabigatran etexilate 110mg and 150mg hard capsules (Pradaxa®). Published August 2011.
- Pradaxa® 150mg hard capsules Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Pradaxa® 110mg hard capsules Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Praxbind® Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Royal College of Emergency Medicine and National Poisons Information Service. Guideline on Antidote Availability for Emergency Departments (January 2017)
- Boehringer Ingelheim. Data on File. DBG 18-01.
- Robertson R, et al. Understanding NHS financial pressures: How are they affecting patient care? The King’s Fund, London. March 2017.
- MIMS.co.uk (accessed July 2020).