CCG — Clinical Commissioning Group
NICE — National Institute of Clinical Excellence
NOAC — non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulant
NVAF — non-valvular atrial fibrillation
- Patel A, et al. Executive summary Part 2: Burden of stroke in the next 20 years and potential returns from increased spending on research. Stroke Association 2017.
- Xiang-Ming Xu, et al. The economic burden of stroke care in England, Wales and Northern Ireland: Using a national stroke register to estimate and report patient-level health economic outcomes in stroke. Eur Stroke J 2018;3 (1):82-91.
- NICE implementation collaborative consensus: Supporting local implementation of NICE guidance on use of the novel (non-Vitamin K antagonist) oral anticoagulants in non-valvular atrial fibrillation. June 2014. (accessed July 2020).
- Robertson R, et al. Understanding NHS financial pressures: How are they affecting patient care? The King’s Fund, London. March 2017.
- Boehringer Ingelheim. Data on File. DBG 18-01.
- MIMS.co.uk (accessed July 2020).